New Owner.. 2008 SeaDoo GTI 130s

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

revobasher

Hey all, I have been in the market for a few PWCs for about a month now.. been going crazy trying to decide between Yamaha, SeaDoo, Kawi, etc. In my research, it seems most of the 4 strokes in the last 10 years are pretty solid though. My patience has paid off and I found a pair of 2008 GTI 130s with only 45 hours on them. They are near perfect condition and one owner machines, older couple. I am in the upper Midwest so fresh water only. I drove eight hours round trip to look at them today and I bought them on the spot. I paid $10000 for the pair with an aluminium two place trailer. My questions are..

1. Does $10000 seem like a good deal for these? I have been looking around and it seems prices are all over. But I have yet to find any this clean and with such low hours.
2. They do not have covers.. I assume OEM are recommended? Best place to buy?
3. Anything I should do right away? The came with full service history and each year they appear to have been properly winterized, new batteries and fresh oil. Anything else I should be checking or looking out for?
5. Recommended performance upgrade I should maybe entertain?
4. Other tips, etc for a new owner?
icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

I feel that 10 grand is to much. That said, they are good skis and the engines can last virtually forever.

They are not super strong or super fast, but you’ll be please how well the 130 runs. And the fuel economy is fantastic.

So in the end, you didn’t get a bargain, but you have very reliable skis.

Thanks what do you think would have been more reasonable? I think the market around here is just better right now.. I compared others similar and exact ones even with 150+ hours at over $12k.

Hey all, I have been in the market for a few PWCs for about a month now.. been going crazy trying to decide between Yamaha, SeaDoo, Kawi, etc. In my research, it seems most of the 4 strokes in the last 10 years are pretty solid though. My patience has paid off and I found a pair of 2008 GTI 130s with only 45 hours on them. They are near perfect condition and one owner machines, older couple. I am in the upper Midwest so fresh water only. I drove eight hours round trip to look at them today and I bought them on the spot. I paid $10000 for the pair with an aluminium two place trailer. My questions are..

1. Does $10000 seem like a good deal for these? I have been looking around and it seems prices are all over. But I have yet to find any this clean and with such low hours.
3. Anything I should do right away? The came with full service history and each year they appear to have been properly winterized, new batteries and fresh oil. Anything else I should be checking or looking out for?
icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

1. I dont know about the price, because im not from usa. In my country for 10k, you get just one of them, and with +150 hours and without trailer.

2. im recently bought a cover from a seller on ebay. It is supricelly great!, and it is 1/5 of the oem price. 100% recomended: SUPER Sea-Doo SeaDoo GTI 130 2008-2010 Jet Ski Watercraft Cover 718315458767 | eBay

3. Check the carbon seal every so often, and oil service each spring.

4. in my opinion it's not worth the upgrade. keep it standard and the engine will be forever.

5. Just Ride... a lot...

icon_smile.gif

Thanks!
In my opinion, you got a pretty fair deal. In my area that is reasonable for the hours and the condition. They are great skis (from the research I have done) and bet they will last a long time! Congrats on the purchase :)

About a year ago, my sister scored a pair of '07s for $5500, including the double trailer. Super low hours, too. Last fall, I bought my pair of '06s with less than 50 hours for $6k, each with its own trailer. I think these are both really good deals. I believe the '08 is essentially the same as ours (I'm sure there are some minor improvements here and there).

Having said that, I probably shouldn't have said that :) You paid what you paid, you're happy with your purchase (you clearly thought they were worth it to you), and that's what matters. The right question to any "what's it worth" question is "whatever the market bears".

Sis bought hers on letgo, and I found mine on Craigslist. Actually, I found two identical pairs for sale at the same time. The other pair had a few more hours on them and they wanted like $500 more for the pair.

Doesn't seem to be too bad a price to me especially if they have been well cared for as you say. Somebody is always gonna have gotten a better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back