2006 SEA Doo Challenger 180cs --- CERAMIC Washer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say "bullshit" to that...highly doubt the dealer pulled the supercharger to check the washers while there for just an oil change, get the seller to show you the invoice because the dealer would of charged an extra 2-3 hrs of service. Also, the washers are ceramic...even if they look fine, they can go pretty much any time, try to negotiate an extra $700-800 off the sellers price for the washer replacement...then pull it yourself and send it to Jerry from GreenHulk!! Good luck

No way the dealer pulled the S/C while performing normal (annual) service, with out being asked to...my guess is the dealer just said things looked good because the hours were less than 100 which was thought to be the maximum life expectancy for ceramics. I have an '06 Challenger, had it since 06, had the ceramic washers replaced right at 100 hours(because that's what I read was the time to do it), with Riva S/S washers, live in a climate w/o weatherization, use my boat year round....never had one single problem with anything, except my neutral switch. Shop around on the change out, I had a wide range of estimates to rebuild the S/C, prices ranging from $350-$800. I believe there are several links on this forum to a qualified guy who who does great work, at reasonable prices, if you pull it and ship it to him....Best of luck, IMO, the 06 Challenger is a great boat....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thor and Timeman Thank you so much for input.

I just talked to the Seller and he sent me the last invoice. It doesn't show anything/mention about S/C checking but I noticed he got 10 HR SVC 4-Stroke Jet inspection done.

Here's what he had:

10 HR SVC 4-STROKE JET (Done at 57 hrs)
HUILE SF.MT*OIL 4T 3Xl GAL BLEND
BOUGIE *SPARK PLUG
FILTER HUlLE *F1LTI::R OIL
JOINT 'l'ORIQUE *0 RTNG
JOINT TORI QUE *O-RING
SHOP SUPPLIIES
93 OCTANF. PREMIUM FUEL

Seller is willing to bring the price little low but NOT much. Is anything under 13K good for this boat? It's 180CS.

Also, His Service Report shows:

Run Time -- 100% Normal
Learn Home == 0%
Limp Home == 0%

RPM profile: (NOT Sure what does these % mean since it's my First boat)

0-1999 -- 28.71%
2000-3499 -- 17.43%
3500-5499 -- 23.95%
5500-6499 -- 21.33%
6500-7700 -- 8.23%
7700+ .35%

I still have to perform Water Test so thing might change after that.

sgoyal, the invoice looks like a standard tune-up which amounts to an oil change and new plugs, something that should happen annually. I suspect the service report is a print out which came from the computer chip built into the engine, I've never had an RPM profile, but I read it as saying the boat wasn't run very hard. The RPM report is probably looking at the first 10 hours of use, which would make sense if the guy was taking it easy while breaking in his new engine, to me that shows responsible ownership. I would wonder where are the other service records?, while the boat has only 62 hrs, it is some 6 years old, kinda makes me wonder, what other maintenance has been done between 10 and 62 hrs? Prices vary greatly depending on the area, the condition, and what extras the boat comes with, google the NADA guide for your state...

Timeman,

The Seller mentions that he kept the Boat in garage last year due to family matter and he couldn't use it at all. So he asked the Dealer to perform 10 hr SVC at 57 hours. He paid $250+ for that.

CUSTOMER STATES UNIT HAS BEEN IN STORAGE
FOR 1 YEAR AND HAS NOT BEEN USED.

CUSTOMER WOULD LIKE UNIT SERVICED AND
ADVISED ON OVERALL CONDITION AND IF THERE
IS ANYTHING THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED AT
THIS TIME.

Well, at face value the boat would seem to be lightly (RPM-wise) used and handed a clean bill of mechanical health from an authorized dealer, (I assume you gave it a thorough physical inspection) I would want to try it out on the water. Also, depending on how it was put down and maintained for that year, it may be needing some additional service, coolant flush, new battery, etc. Best of luck, and happy boating!
(btw, if you make the deal, you should know that you can buy annual seadoo 4-tec tune up kit,(3 plugs, gal of oil, filter and "O rings) on EBAY for around $100+/- dollars and do the work yourself)

timeman, Thank you so much for your help.

I've schedule a water test on Saturday and physical inspection would be done at that time. I'll be riding this sea doo with my 4 and 2 yrs.. oh my 2 yrs one, first thing in the morning (where's the boat daddy).. I took him out on my friend boat few times since then he's crazy...

He put the boat in Garage (such as Budget garages with cover on it)

Also, Thanks for the Annual Seadoo 4-tec tune up kit suggestion.. I'll do that since my friend does his work, he would lend me his hand...

happy Boating.. Thank again Timeman..

ATTENTION 2004-2007 SEA-DOO RXP, RXT, GTX and 215 WAKE OWNERS: Sea-Doo (BRP) has agreed to a proposed class action settlement covering the ceramic washer problem with 2004-2007 4-Tec Series supercharged watercraft. Owners who purchased these boats in CA can submit claims for reimbursement of costs associated with washer failures and for costs incurred to replace the ceramic washers. Also, BRP is extending warranty coverage on washer failure. Here is the link to the settlement website, which includes details and a claim form:

http://www.ceramicwashersettlement.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back