Adding Spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Coopnjaxdad

Hey all you Spark pioneers,
I am seriously considering adding a spark to the garage alongside my 97 XP. Anyone have input on a ride comparison between the two. I figure the 3up Spark would be as capable as my XP in the areas around Tampa.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
Chris

Yes, it would be a great addition. The two would create a similar experience but the Spark will feel a bit more stable.

Can't compare. However I did ride a 96 Waverunner. Personally I would not go back. Less fuel, stable ride, smooth throttle response. The hull broke traction differently on slides and turns. The spark is jumpy. Meaning I ride standing up most of the time.

Thanks for the replies you two.

I feel like I ride my XP standing or at least half standing most of the time. I enjoy the smaller lighter ski's like the X4 hull and my XP.

Somebody stole the tailgate off my truck last night so that's gonna put a dent in the Spark fund!:facepalm:

I feel like I ride my XP standing or at least half standing most of the time. I enjoy the smaller lighter ski's like the X4 hull and my XP.

Somebody stole the tailgate off my truck last night so that's gonna put a dent in the Spark fund!:facepalm:

Did you get the Spark?

Wow I had a 96xp, which looks different than the 97 but my 96 XP was extremely unstable and impossible for me to reboard, I sold it within a month of having it.. I couldn't handle it... I love my spark, it's pretty stable, I can reboard way easier, and it's pretty affordable..

Better late then never! What model and color did you go with?
I ended up getting the 3 up no IBR in Orange Crush. I'm a Vols fan...couldn't help myself.
42.jpg

43.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Very sweet.
Yes the IBR is expensive but by golly I love it. I have manual reverse on my rxt and IBR rocks out the manual. When you get done riding it a while add in your ride comments. And tells us this rocks way better than the XP.

Very sweet.
Yes the IBR is expensive but by golly I love it. I have manual reverse on my rxt and IBR rocks out the manual. When you get done riding it a while add in your ride comments. And tells us this rocks way better than the XP.
I went back and forth with the IBR, wasn't so much about cost. Hopefully I don't eventually regret not having it.

I will most certainly report back.

What's everyone doing for the 4th?

I went back and forth with the IBR, wasn't so much about cost. Hopefully I don't eventually regret not having it.

I will most certainly report back.

What's everyone doing for the 4th?

You can add the iBR later if you like. We sell it on PWCMuscle.com. What dealer did you get your ski from?

You can add the iBR later if you like. We sell it on PWCMuscle.com. What dealer did you get your ski from?
Nice, thanks for the info. Picked it up from Tampa Bay Powersports. Smooth transaction.

Nice, thanks for the info. Picked it up from Tampa Bay Powersports. Smooth transaction.

Ah great to hear. We work with them quite a bit as we are local.

Happy Forth! Rain here today. Going to hang with Relatives, work, house work. Maybe tomorrow I will get on the ski. I miss having my boat to get out on the lake for the fireworks.

If anyone else got to ride as much this last weekend as i did then you're probably hobbeling around like me lol. Super super sore but can't stop smiling. Sparks are amazing! And they were EVERYWHERE at our lake out here.

I rode a good but and it was aggressive so I'm deft feeling it also but would not trade it for the world

If anyone else got to ride as much this last weekend as i did then you're probably hobbeling around like me lol. Super super sore but can't stop smiling. Sparks are amazing! And they were EVERYWHERE at our lake out here.
We kayaked all weekend. Headed to beach now for maiden voyage with the Spark

Great first day on the Spark. Weather was perfect. First impressions of the Spark are good. Obviously still break in period, but put 2.5hrs on today. More stable then I thought it would be. Anything in comparison to my 97 XP is stable. My 8 and 10 year old had no trouble boarding with the step. Never felt like we would roll while they were jungle gyming it up to the seat. Got on plane pretty well with the 3 of us. We did some island hopping off Dunedin causeway. It's quieter then I expected it to be. Very pleased so far.

Quick question, what do you guys clean your skis with?

I just use regular car soap wash and rinse it and dry with a shammy. Works perfect. Just be careful with the stickers if you're using a pressure washer because it'll blast them right off. I had a lot of water spots on mine due to it raining on my way home and they came off no problem!

Back