Seadoo Spark vs Yamaha Waverunner

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rehgarde

Trying to decide between the SeaDoo Spark 90hp 3up and the Yamaha Waverunner EX Sport, looking for some input.
We are on a smaller lake, with lots of inlets and channels, so not a lot of straight open runs, and no large waves.

Of course, I get different answers depending on which manufacturer I ask, so what are your thoughts on these differences:

1: Closed loop vs Open loop coolant.
-I think I would prefer the closed loop, one less thing to winterize. How hard is it to flush/change the coolant, and how often?
-if it extends the engine life, then that is great

2: Fuel economy
-I can't get an exact amount for Yamaha, but it is definitely not as good as the Sea Doo. Anyone have experience with this?

3: Weight / plastic vs Fiberglass
- Higher weight, does it actually make it more stable? Or less maneuverable? We are not going to be trying any tricks
- plastic- is it just as durable?

4: Cost
- surprisingly, they are actually pretty close in price. Yamaha comes with mirrors, SeaDoo comes with IBR instead of a lever.

5: Engine reliability
-I read that the Yamaha has a longer lasting more reliable engine, but SeaDoo clearly has the higher market share in my area.

Thanks for whatever input you can give, I hope to put down a deposit on two for next season!!
Brandon

Back