2003 - SeaDoo GTX-4 TEC Supercharged Oil Alarm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okybrian

Hey Guys, need some help here. My 2003 ski is having an issue when I begin to accelerate. I can run her for about 5 minutes, then I get an OIL alert on the display and it acts as if it not getting any power and missing. The oil light stays on until I take out the key. Put the key back on, and the same thing happens.

- Changed spark plugs
- Changed oil
- Changed coils

Still having issues when trying to get her going. Could this be an issue with the oil pump?

Would really appreciate any input.

What code is it throwing? Press set 5 times while it is happening to get the code. The early 4tecs are notorious for bad oil pressure switches which what you describe is exactly how they typically fail. Lots of threads on it, do a search.

I can not get to this part. The video makes it look too easy. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 31CFABD7-35FF-4563-8934-E43F76BB352A.jpeg
    31CFABD7-35FF-4563-8934-E43F76BB352A.jpeg
    463.4 KB · Views: 17
  • A2852A9A-C0DB-4D51-B188-F7660312EA60.jpeg
    A2852A9A-C0DB-4D51-B188-F7660312EA60.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 15
It’s hard for me to see,,but to get to the rear switch you need to remove all the hoses that are in the way,,,and then you will need the appropriate 3/8‘s drive socket,,,sorry,,forget the size.

Just unbolt the 7 intake manifold bolts and you will have plenty of room. I've done more than 100 of these and while I can do it without unbolting or removing anything, it's still an easier process to unbolt the manifold and lift it up a little by rocking it forward especially if you've never done it before. It's a 13/16" old style spark plug wrench to remove the sensor.

The reason the video makes it look easy is because the NA motors have the throttle body in the front so it is not in your way. Yours is SC so it has the throttle body at the rear. You can also just remove the throttle body but they are kind of a pain so intake manifold is easier.

Just unbolt the 7 intake manifold bolts and you will have plenty of room. I've done more than 100 of these and while I can do it without unbolting or removing anything, it's still an easier process to unbolt the manifold and lift it up a little by rocking it forward especially if you've never done it before. It's a 13/16" old style spark plug wrench to remove the sensor.

The reason the video makes it look easy is because the NA motors have the throttle body in the front so it is not in your way. Yours is SC so it has the throttle body at the rear. You can also just remove the throttle body but they are kind of a pain so intake manifold is easier.
Yeo skidoo,,,GREAT MOVE!!,,will try that next time.

Watch out you do not loose (drop) the rubber seal on the oil switch connector like I did. You can buy them online if you have to.

I now put a rag under what I am working on to catch fasteners etc before they roll under the engine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back