Adding push button to start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sbartolo

Hey guys. My first post here.
I just bought a 2002 X20. I found that turning the key sticks from on to start. It doesn't go back to on freely. Been trying to find a new ignition switch with key but none to be found. And I'm sure that harness is quite costly.
My question is, is it possible to wire up a push start button? If so, which wires do I hook to the switch?

Thanks

Hey guys. My first post here.
I just bought a 2002 X20. I found that turning the key sticks from on to start. It doesn't go back to on freely. Been trying to find a new ignition switch with key but none to be found. And I'm sure that harness is quite costly.
My question is, is it possible to wire up a push start button? If so, which wires do I hook to the switch?

Thanks

Would it be possible to get a picture of the switch? I would think it would be a simple to just snip the wires and put them on a new switch, but I have absolutely no idea what the X20 key switch looks like.

Are there multiple wires coming out of the switch, or is it sleeved over? If it is your best bet would be to cut back the sleeving and look at the number of wires that come out of the back of the switch. Once you have figured that out you can try to narrow down the type of switch you are looking for.

If you find a switch with the proper number of wires it should be as simple as using a multimeter to figure out which wire controls what (X20 side) and match it up to the correct position on the key switch.

Any momentary key switch will work. Just a matter of wiring it in. If you want a bush button start, then you would need to do one of two things. Simply jump off the existing key start so the key itself still operates for the RUN aspect. Or, eliminate the key entirely, wire in a flip switch for RUN, wire push button to activate the starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back