accessory accelerator pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusty nail

I am at the tail end of a 98 speedster project and i installed a replacement 787 motor on the port side. This replacement motor/carb setup does not have the additional accelerator pump. Should i install the original accelerator pump and carb that came out of the boat? What is the benefit of the additional acclerator pump? Can you have two separate systems under one hood? Will i notice a difference in performance? And lastly, are the carbs any different and if not, can i simply add the accelerator pump to the replacement carb? (or are the carb setups different)

The carbs are different so you can’t just add a pump if it doesn’t have one. The jetting is a little different but it won’t hurt anything to have one engine with an one without.

thanks for the quick reply....is there a big performance difference between the two? What was the reason why seadoo added this feature?

No performance difference.
As 1of500 said it was emissions. It allowed them to jet them really lean at idle to pass the test then to get over the lean jetting they used the accelerator pump to actually make them run.

That makes sense....I think i would like to put the non-accelerator version back on(one less thing to go wrong. I do not mind working the choke to get it running) but i need to figure out where the fuel lines need to travel. Do either of you have a fuel system schematic that i can look at describing the connections? I need something fairly intuitive not just a drawing. ie there are four fuel lines coming out of the tank and i need direction for each line. two of them go to each fuel pump, now where do they go?

You can find shop manuals for free online, you should find it quick just by googling, if you can't let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back