Rebuilding, then how to re-start engine?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I removed the two carbs from my challenger boat to rebuild, the PTO carb does have the fuel accelerator pump attached to it. When re-starting engine can I just keep pumping the throttle handle to get gas into the carbs from the tank? This seems like a lot of pumping and I don't want to damage anything. Thank you.

I like to leave the return line off the carbs and blow some air into the gas tank. This will force the fuel into the lines and prime the carbs then as soon as fuel starts coming out the return fitting on the carb put the hose back on and it should fire off.

I like to leave the return line off the carbs and blow some air into the gas tank. This will force the fuel into the lines and prime the carbs then as soon as fuel starts coming out the return fitting on the carb put the hose back on and it should fire off.
Mikidymac just to be sure, would I block off the return port on the Mag carb to make sure the gas went back to the PTO carb where the accelerator pump is located, also I assume I am blowing about 5 lbs of air into the gas tank through the return hose, correct? Thank you.

No, you don't block off anything on the carbs.
Yes, just a few PSI into the return line from the carb to the tank, I just use my mouth to be honest. Yes, let the puns begin.

No, you don't block off anything on the carbs.
Yes, just a few PSI into the return line from the carb to the tank, I just use my mouth to be honest. Yes, let the puns begin.
Thanks again mikidymac for clearing this up, maybe next time I should private message you instead. But I will do the same LOL. Cliff

Back