a little help here

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deano

i have just bought a seadoo im having a few problems with it does it need an earth for it to run, because theres an earth cable goin to a nut on the engine when this comes loose it wont attempt to start when its tight it starts but im an electrician and i know that things dont need an earth to work, but not sure if its the same case if u can help in any way please message me thanks Deano

uh if you mean a Ground, or a NEG- connection....yes it does. Be sure it is a good clean connection.

A second!

If your talking about the ground wire bolted to the side of the engine block at the starter casing, then yes, that's the ground and you do need it for anything on that doo to work. I second your opinion Karl.

Remember the manual was also in French and may have some not quite American descriptions in it . Remember the whole thing is a floating ground (no pun intended) just like a car. So everything elect. has some way got to make it back to the motor which is not a motor in that since. It is a big hunk of meal used for grounding through the battery.:ack:

You are correct, everything is grounded in a loop so to speak, all ending up with polarity + and - back to the battery. Languages around the planet are interesting....earth cable is a ground cable.

More to the point, the system found on these is Direct Current, or DC, you are probably more familiar with Alternating Current, or AC, which is found on stationary object, buildings, homes, etc.

Without a good Earth, or ground, as described earlier, the electical system can not complete a circuit. This varies from land vehicular usage because the medium of travel is not conducive to proper circuits, ie: water. Cars, truck, motorcycles, etc, for the most part, have a matal framework that allows many portions of a land vehicles anatomy to be used as a ground, or earth. A wator-born craft needs a direct connection to the block for the ground to function correctly. The engine and other systems, all use this connection from the block to the battery as a ground, thereby completing the elctrical circuit.

Good call Dusthawk, the ground block is and extention of the ground terminal so that you don't have 15 or more wire connections on the battery directly.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back