A few issues on my 97 SPX...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoospray

As some of you know, I just recently installed a new 787 engine from SBT. I broke it in this past friday, but i have a few questions and issues...

firstly, while cruising across the lake at any speed, it will sometimes randomly shut off. I replaced the lanyard and DESS post last year and it corrected the problem until my engine seized months after. Now with the new engine it's doing it again. I find it hard to believe the DESS post has gone bad AGAIN. Any suggestions??

secondly, my gas gauge/trim gauge/trim does not work. They havent for a two years now and I'm mainly concerned about the gas gauge as I'll be taking some trips on the Great Lakes this summer. Is there anywhere that sells used gauges for my ski? The gas gauge worked until water got in it, now the face of it is all discolored and rusty like 2 year old water is trapped inside.

Lastly, I'm looking at an Aquavein intake grate...will this help with porpoising? My X-4 hull likes to spend as much time out of the water as it does in the water lol!

Thanks guys!

Go with the worx grate.. And I would run the diagnostics on the mpem and see what it comes up with. As far as the gauge just look on ebay or someone parting out a ski on here or pwctoday or greenhulk.. Thats what I did for my vts gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back