99 SPX upgrade questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushc78

Im looking to upgrade my 99 SPX. I am looking on advice on what to buy. I am thinking about a prop and intake grate for general all around improvements. What would you suggest?

You could do a impeller for some minimal gains, make sure you do your research because different pitch impellers will result in very different gains and losses. The only thing with modifying our skis is that you can spend 5Grand and only gain 2 or 3 MPH. Im not saying not to modify because my ski is modifyed and is prety fast. If done the right way you can get some prety nice results but its expencive and can be fustrating. Most people will say save up and get a newer S/C ski, but not everyone can go out and get a newer ski like myself:rofl:

You could do a impeller for some minimal gains, make sure you do your research because different pitch impellers will result in very different gains and losses. The only thing with modifying our skis is that you can spend 5Grand and only gain 2 or 3 MPH. Im not saying not to modify because my ski is modifyed and is prety fast. If done the right way you can get some prety nice results but its expencive and can be fustrating. Most people will say save up and get a newer S/C ski, but not everyone can go out and get a newer ski like myself:rofl:

Philly...take a few pics of ur motor, bud. Curious to how it looks, also, that msd enhancer, did that eliminate the mpem?

The MSD enhanser eliminates the factory DSS security system and the handlebar kill feature. Ill try and get some pix up tonight all you can see is the pipe and the R&D arrestor, I had it GPSed at 61 MPH on 93 octane wich I was prety happy with:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back