2007 180 Challenger Ugraded

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Burner71

Well after a recent issue with my supercharger and fuel system I went ahead and did a partial upgrade.
X-Charger
48lbs injectors
Cold air intake
Catch can.
I do not have all the hoses for the external intercooler yet so that’s next.

Results are fantastic.
Before I was running 7400-7600rpm at 39mph

This morning with 2 adults and a full tank of fuel
7950 rpm at 47mph
So much more power now down low.
Up on plane instantly and doing 36mph at half throttle.

Could not be happier.
This is the stock pitch prop which is 11x21 I believe. I tried the 13x19 and it would rev to the limits but only got like 35mph out of it.
Stock is much better with this upgrade.

Your 180 with 215 should have been able to 47 MPH as the 260HP version can break 50 into the 54 mph range.

Like I said before, I thought the 215 ECU would go out of MAP range with the X-Charger without a tune. When you add the external IC, you will see I guess.

Well after a recent issue with my supercharger and fuel system I went ahead and did a partial upgrade.
X-Charger
48lbs injectors
Cold air intake
Catch can.
I do not have all the hoses for the external intercooler yet so that’s next.

Results are fantastic.
Before I was running 7400-7600rpm at 39mph

This morning with 2 adults and a full tank of fuel
7950 rpm at 47mph
So much more power now down low.
Up on plane instantly and doing 36mph at half throttle.

Could not be happier.
This is the stock pitch prop which is 11x21 I believe. I tried the 13x19 and it would rev to the limits but only got like 35mph out of it.
Stock is much better with this upgrade.
What did all that cost? And how much worse is the fuel usage?

What did all that cost? And how much worse is the fuel usage?
well the x-charger had 10 hrs on it out of a jetski and I traded my SC to my mechanic for it plus 300 bucks.
I think so far I am in it around 800 bucks.

Your 180 with 215 should have been able to 47 MPH as the 260HP version can break 50 into the 54 mph range.

Like I said before, I thought the 215 ECU would go out of MAP range with the X-Charger without a tune. When you add the external IC, you will see I guess.
yes, when I add the intercooler my mechanic will re-map the ecu for me.
thats the plan.

Back