99 Seadoo gtx rfi.. Crank turning issue??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ewing8712

the ski wouldnt turn over one day so i thought it was the battery and chargered it read close to 13 volts off it and the crank still wouldnt turn over. i even tried a booster nothing. checked the grounds fine.. next step i went for the starter ran 12 volts straight to it and it wouldnt turn.. i took out the starter which is a real pain in the ass checked it and also took it to a rebuilt shop and its not the starter.. with the motor pretty much out i tried to turn the crank with a monkey and turned fine. when i take the spark plugs out and run 12 volts to the starter it turns over fine. with the spark plugs in. the crank wouldnt turn. any thoughts????????????

Well with the spark plugs in you will be battling the compression. Did they test the starter fully and that is how you ruled it out?

If you can turn the engine over by hand the starter should do it...

Does it try to engage when you have the plugs in, or is it silent and not try at all?

Also, did you test the wires to make sure you don't have a short or a bad connection?

they tested the starter at 2 different shops and they put a piece of wood to it to see if they could stop the teeth and they said the starter was fine. it engages with the starter but you have to hold the pos and neg to the starter with the spark plugs in and it would take a few seconds for the motor to turn a half crank and strugle for a few more second to turn of another half crank. no loose connections this is straight power to the start i even tried on booster for more cranking amps

This one has me a bit preplexed....

Is it possible there is water in there, causing hydrolock?

I'll try doing some research to see if I can find any other reasons, but you may need to just take this one in to the shop.

but the crank turns perfect with out the spark plugs.. and you can still turn the crank with a monkey wrench.. doesnt that rule out hydrolock.. please research thanks Brock

ewing...you'll have to just grab a manual and tear open the engine. If it isn't anything listed, you have to search internally. Sorry it isn't something easier to fix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back