99 Seadoo GTI Locked up!!! help???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD46

OK, went out on lake, running great started losing power while running full throttle, finally went dead. Started clicking, thought it was dead batt. Went home checked, it was good! hit the button and it made loud click looked at drive shaft, it moves about 1" and kickes back! I tried to turn engine by the balancer it is locked up. pulled head and jugs pistons and cyl look great! .... what now? still wont turn!

please help

Did you check the oil in your pump this season?? If your pistons look good, I bet your pump is locked up.

Pull it off, and remove the driveshaft, and then check to see if the engine turns over.

If it does, the pump rebuild is easy. It's just a couple seals, thrust bearing, and roller bearings. In the worst case... you will replace the pump shaft too.

thanks, ill try that as soon as i get home from work. Im new to working on seadoo's! but im willing to try anything once!

Ok, i found the problem! It is the rod bearing on the rear cyl., I finally got it broke loose and got it up on top where i could see the crank and it looks like the rod has been cooked! (gold and blue) the front rod is in good shape and still the normal cast color. ........ Now what would be the best and (or) easiest solution to my problem? Rebuild it or buy an engine? any input will be helpful!

Ok, i found the problem! It is the rod bearing on the rear cyl., I finally got it broke loose and got it up on top where i could see the crank and it looks like the rod has been cooked! (gold and blue) the front rod is in good shape and still the normal cast color. ........ Now what would be the best and (or) easiest solution to my problem? Rebuild it or buy an engine? any input will be helpful!

your problem seems to come from a oil pump failure seized all the internal parts That is why I do not trust these oil pumps.regarding the engine you can rebuild it and eliminates the oil pump by putting a block off plate and premix your own gas So you know all the internal parts are Lubricate at all time:agree:

your problem seems to come from a oil pump failure seized all the internal parts That is why I do not trust these oil pumps.regarding the engine you can rebuild it and eliminates the oil pump by putting a block off plate and premix your own gas So you know all the internal parts are Lubricate at all time:agree:

HEY NOOB !!!!! Don't state things you don't know about.

It's an 11 year old engine. Bearings don't live forever. It' could be an oil pump... but most likely it just failed. The way you make it sound, you will never have an engine failure if you pre-mix. His problem could have just as easily been a lean run. If you go lean, things get hot... and since the fuel transports the oil (regadless of pre-mix or injection) he will have less oil.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you want to keep the price low... you can get a crank from SBT and just put it in since your jugs are in good shape.

Personally, (If I was planning on keeping the ski)I would get a new hot rods crank, and do a top end too. That way, you know that the engine will live a long life.

The easiest, and most simple way is to just get a reman from SBT.

Thanks, I personally think that it was just a failed bearing, the other rod and the pistons and jugs were in too good condition to be a pump failing. I will check on the prices for the crank kit and top end for the rebuild and compare with the $745+ shipping for the reman from SBT. thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back