99 gtx rfi issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Running it out of the water for that long ruined your carbon seal. It is the driveshaft seal and can only be run out of the water for a minute or two then it burns up and is ruined.

I had water going through .. its still ok,.. i did find water in the jet drive bearing at the back.. so that will need to be replaced... I also finally took apart the head and top part of the jugs... I could see the bolt easier and was able to get a bolt extractor in it and was able to pull it apart...
at first view? it looks good but since I cut my hand.. I figured it was time for a beer... so will try it later with fuel to see what the pattern is...
might be rich ( worn out).. so have to see if its worth putting in a couple hundred of pension money to get new injectors ( after market)... will update....

Water running through the engine doesn't cool the carbon seal. Only the lake water does.

quick update....
after pulling apart the top of the engine, I noticed the back cylinder looled like some water was coming into it, so one of the rubber rings may have lost its seal... the injectors came out and flushed them out with carb cleaner under pressure and the spray was perfect... has anyone ever used a sealant along with the rubber o-ring to create the perfect seal??? if water ( only a bit) came in, it would have been from the cooling system...
any thoughts??? on Automotive head sealant silicone??? or similar???

The oring is usually sufficient without anything else. There is sealant under the oring but nothing between it and the head.
Could rhe water have gotten in there from when you removed the head ?

Update, all sensorsxare within spec, fuel preasure is within spec. Jet drive rebiuit with new bearings. Spark within spec. Any other thoughts? If it was a car? I would look for vacuum leaks in the lines but as far as i can see? Only one vac. Line in tact. Got myself a great puzzle that seems to be nothing but got me stumpt.

Added information , your thoughts please.
Since nothing was turning out as a fix, i decided to remove the hoses from the crankcase to the rave valves. The lines were ver ver full of sludge. I flushed them out with carb cleaner and all is clean now the valve diverting the pressure was also full.
Please tell me something. The crank case is possitive pressure true? An amount of vapour , not sure sure if it was and oil mix , but it was not gas. The check valve has great amount of tension. I really had to blow hard to overcome the valve. I can only assume that is normal based on the pressure coming from the crank case. The exhaust rave is from a different source. Any thoughts or does this give anyone a new avenue to direct me through? I started it and same issue but at least found something not right

Can you take a short video of it running?

Thw rave system wouldn't cause this unless you were mussing one. But cleaning that will help your top end.

Curious. I have rwo injectors labeled 1 and 2 in the diagrams . #1 uses blue and blue with purple trace . And #2 uses black with green trace and green with purple trace. Am i correct in assuming that #2 which is bracketed with pto clise to the injector is the one at the drive end of the rngine?

Sorry i figured it out by the wire colours.
Went back to the tps. Double checked, all vslues are within range and it does change resistance when throttle is pulled.
Engine idles nice and starts right away. But throttle opens and it starts to lug. I am at a loss

Found something that could use verification please. While my last ditch effort to find an issue with my ski. I brought in super bright spot light. I found what is listed as a drain plug near the pto i found the plug sitting at the rear of the boat with what looks like some epoxy on it. So when i got it rebuilt, looks like they fixed it up as best they could. The drain plug is at the lower part of the crank case. Does the case get pressurized? Yes its a two stoke rfi could this be my issue? Why it wont get more rpms than idle? Or lug when i throttle it???

Pictures...

Is it a small flat allen type plug or a large flat common screwdriver plug?

Without that. Well yeah your running way lean on that cylinder.
It is pressurized depending on the stroke.
It would act like your full throttle but still only giving a small amount of fuel on that side.

But also since that plug is out you may not have any oil left as well to lubricate the balanceshaft, pto bearings, and pto seal.
I think it was 30ml of 30wt synthetic oil.
Or just xps2.

Is it this one ?

https://www.seadooforum.com/images/imported/2013/08/136.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The manual suggests 30 ml of 30 weight oil . I will put in the xps instead and seal it up with epoxy and hope forvthe best. Thanks will update ....

The plug broke away, i noticed it was epoxied in but blew out at sat at thd back of the ski . I cleaned and trimmed and used jb weld. Will find out after its set to see if i need another bothom case. I found a couple at 65 bucks plus 50 shipping . I hope thats the fix ( looks like it) but will find out what to do tomorrow or saturday

Hole sealed

Hi back to square 1 epoxy holding great but same issue. Took a video but dont know how to post that . Starts ok but give it throttle? And it lugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back