98 Seadoo GTI Upgrades

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

soloblazer

I have a 98 Seadoo GTI, wanting to upgrade it, as my buddys newer GTI's are blowing me out of the water. instead of buying a new ski, would like to spend the money upgrading this one, its 100% stock now. what can i do without going internal to it. thanks for the help in advance.

so there are any quick upgrades i can do? i just bought it a few months back and only gave $500 for it with a trailer, it needed a pump, so i bought a used one for $100 bucks. so i dont have much in it. so i dont mind spending some money on it, this is just the play around ski. but if it will make that unreliable then i wont mess with it, i just figured i didnt have much in this one so why not. thanks for your reply.

Well the issue of "buddys newer GTI's are blowing me out of the water." might not change much.... new impeller and ware ring might be a nice start.

There's not much you can do until you replace that single carb with dual OEM carbs from an HX, 95 XP etc.
Then you can do some modifications that will wake it up and not reduce the life of the engine and be very reliable.

Chester

ok so what kind of carbs do i get, off what ski, also do i have to reprogram computer or anything, or just put the new ones on, do i need the whole intake if i change carbs. thanks

You will need the complete intake and carbs from any 717 engine that has twin carbs from the factory. No need to reprogram the MPEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back