98 GTX LTD carb check

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Grim

My ski runs good but it has a small bog at 3500 to 4000 rpms. I know you can do a plug chop at WOT to see how the carbs are doing but my question is can you do it at mid throttle, say 4000K and around 2500K, to see how it is performing at mid to low range. Does it translate the same? Looking to make sure I'm not too rich....or lean! If that doesn't work anything I can do to verify the carbs are working like they should at the before mention rpm range?

I'd also check the raves FIRST then....

Try fatting up the low speed adjuster a bit. They are easy to get to. Back them out 1/4 turn at a time to see what happens.

You might be looking at leaking needles which would make your carbs rich in that range.

The accelerator pump could cause a stumble like that as issues with the accelerator pump are more pronounced at lower RPMs. Those little nozzles plug up soooo easy and sometimes it is just One causing the issue. With the carbs removed I hook up a feed line to the accelerator pump and put some fuel in it and I stroke the throttle. I can see the spray going into the carbs. Should be nice and strong. There are tough to clean and get flowing. Good Luck !!

So I went out today and did a plug chop at 4K and 6400K RPM(max). I took pictures of the plugs to see what they looked like. Give me you opinion on how they look. The picture is switched though, the person is holding the left plug in their left hand, which is plug closest to handle bar.

Attachments

• 4k rpm plugs.jpg
    4k rpm plugs.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 6400 rpm plugs.jpg
    6400 rpm plugs.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 5
Ill take the raves out this week and see if they are dirty I cleaned them around Jan (ish) so I'm hoping they are good. I've only put about 25hrs on it max! But I did mix about 30:1 in the first tank because it sat for years and wanted to give it a little extra oil.

I’m in
So I went out today and did a plug chop at 4K and 6400K RPM(max). I took pictures of the plugs to see what they looked like. Give me you opinion on how they look. The picture is switched though, the person is holding the left plug in their left hand, which is plug closest to handle bar.
Im interested in seeing what everyone thinks about the plugs, I would say they both look good, if anything maybe a little lean

Back