Accel pump injectors not working 2000 LRV 951

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Eavedesian

Good evening all. I'm rebuilding my carbs, had a hard bog/would die if i punched it after an idle for anything linger than 10 seconds or so. I had to feather it to get going. Ran great wot and pulled well from mid range. If I stopped and took off again right away it would take of pretty good.

Everything actually looked pretty good inside the carbs and and all my checks went ok except for the 13 psi I'm supposed to have on the injectors on the throttle body. They both pretty much blow through and don't hold a vacuum at all.

Should I just bypass the darn accel pump and go on my merry way? Also my accel pump will not put out 13psi when I try to pump it up with my mighty vac connected so even if the injectors were working correctly I don't think it could build that kind of pressure.

The accelerator pumps don't need to be checked for pressure. They should just squirt fuel when pumped.

If they are squirting fuel they are working. Typically the only issue is they plug up with varnish and the check valve sticks and do not squirt.
They will not "leak" if the pump isn't pumping.

Thank you bit I was speaking of the "injectors" that are mounted in the throttle bodies themselves. The service manual speaks of 13 psi +/- 3 psi for the "injector check valve" to release and it should hold vacuum. Mine leaks both ways.

I've tried carb cleaner and compressed air, ultrasonic heated cleaning using that berrymans stuff in the gallon pail. However, I get no improvement.

If you are talking fuel injectors then you need to send them to a professional for cleaning and testing.

No, I'm speaking of the injectors that the accel pump hose connects to on the throttle bodies. The little 90 degree brass fittings. The service manual has a test that says 13psi +/- 3psi pop pressure and that it should hold a vacuum. Mine blows freely both ways. I've tried ultrasonic cleaner and hose filled with carb cleaner and using my mighty vac to blow through.

Those are carburetors. Throttle bodies are on fuel injection.
I have never tested the brass spray fittings for pop-off or vacuum. In my experience if they are squirting fuel they are good to go but I haven't had to test them under vacuum.

Back