'98 GSX-L Throttle Cable Installation Tips

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

themk

Hey all, first post here. I searched, but please let me know if this has been covered elsewhere.

I rebuilt the carburetor in my 1998 GSX Limited. The fuel lines had been replaced previously, so I didn't bother with those at this time. When I removed the carb, the hardest part was removing the throttle and oil pump cables from the butterfly valve on the MAG carb. Now, I'm not quite sure how to get these back on. I've tried to rotate the carbs in the hull but that was unsuccessful, so I've been stuck using my mirror and feeling around on the bottom. Right now I've got my carbs mounted to the intake manifold. Do I need to remove the carbs again to do this? Does anyone have any tips and tricks for getting the two cables back on the wheel? I've been working at this for several hours and made no progress, hoping someone has some tips for getting it back together. I did take pictures of how it was before I pulled it apart. :grin:

Thank you.

Yes please post pics,,,been a while since I did that one,,,I usually have a towel laying in the bottom of the hull,,,of course battery disconnected,,and attach hoses,,,lines,,,cables,,,especially the choke with the carb lying on its side,

Luckily I already got the choke cable back on. I was hoping to not have to remove it from the intake manifold again, but I'll try laying it on its side and see if that makes a difference.

I have done this many times, unbolt your carbs and turn them upside down, once you do it once it's easy after that.

Thanks everyone for the help. I was able to get it in finally! :D

One other tip for posterity reading this, to get the post on the end of the cable in the hole on the carburetor wheel, you have to make sure that cable wire coming out of the post is not getting hung up on the wheel. I found that the easiest way to do this was to put the post half way in the hole, then use a screw driver (I used a u-shaped screwdriver but a hook would probably work too) to push the cable around to the outside of the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back