98 gsx 9881 tps sensor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mikispike

hi everyone i hope i post it in the right place.
i have 1998 gsx 951 limited used ski i got on trade, yesterday i notice the throttle cable is sticking and brake apart.
this cable have the sensor in mid cable.
my question can i replace this with regular throttle cable or i have to use the same, everywhere i search this wire with tps sensor is $120 plus.
ski is premix not oil pump.

Mikidymac, is his ski a direct or fuel injection ski? I have the red and purple 98 GSX and I've added to oil pump, pump cable, injection lines and everything back that was removed. I'm rebuilding the carbs and rest of the fuel system. I didn't notice any thing special about my throttle cable having a sensor?

Mikidymac, is his ski a direct or fuel injection ski? I have the red and purple 98 GSX and I've added to oil pump, pump cable, injection lines and everything back that was removed. I'm rebuilding the carbs and rest of the fuel system. I didn't notice any thing special about my throttle cable having a sensor?
Neither, 1998 GSX is only going to be a carb 951.
If it has a TPS from the factory on the cable then it needs one to run to max RPM.
1998 GSX does show the TPS on the throttle cable on the parts diagram.

Neither, 1998 GSX is only going to be a carb 951.
If it has a TPS from the factory on the cable then it needs one to run to max RPM.
1998 GSX does show the TPS on the throttle cable on the parts diagram.
I guess I need to look a little closer. Outside of pulling the engine, is there a way to remove the fuel baffle. I moved the gas tank to every position possible and couldn’t orient it to be able to pull the baffle. I appreciate my GTX AND GTI models that I have direct access through the glove box.

so i got it fix!
following my line into the carb about 11-13 inch before the end of the cable there is the tps sensor that split the cable from throttle to oil and throttle.
i open the tps plastic open and the inside is dry clean all put some white grease for the plastic leveler inside, then i check the split to the oil and throttle is smooth the issue was from the split to the thumb so i pull the cable out from the sleeve line clean it sleeve still good and run new bicycle cable through it and made my own ending to the cable ad this was cut on one end.
save my self 130-180 $$$ and pretty much rebuild the line.

Back