RESTO 97 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm noticing that there aren't many xp owners here...did I buy the lemon or are they usually trouble free?

I don’t think they are lemons. In fact while some say the 97 is a little under powered with the 787 engine, it is one of the best engines that Seadoo made. I like mine!!

I love how sporty it is compared to my 03 GTX supercharged, but I have had to replace the starter 2 times in the last 18 months and keep burning through batteries. Any ideas on the battery?

What if any issues have you had?

I assume your compression is correct, I had a 580 once that was hard to start warm, I went thru 2 starters (OME). Turned out (on advice from a racer), that my rotary valve clearance was too wide, I had it machined, and problem solved. The dealer missed it. It's a rare cause, but can happen.

They are great machines. I have spent many hours on them and I own the first one. Your charging system must not be working if you go through batteries. You can check batt voltage with it off and then again with it running. There are further tests that you can do with a multi-meter if your not charging.

Also if you keep buying the cheap aftermarket starters don't expect them to last very long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back