97 xp oil fill plug at crankcase

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdessewffy

I ruined it trying to get it out. I looked all over and can't find a replacement. Does anyone know where to get it or if there is a compatible one with same diameter and thread pitch? In manual it shows there is also an o ring for this but mine didn't have one..... did previous owner remove or does it not need one? Thanks

The bottom Alan drain plug doesn’t use an o-ring, it’s just a pipe plug. The top fill plug uses an o-ring. It’s a special part and no alternative is available.

I ruined it trying to get it out. I looked all over and can't find a replacement. Does anyone know where to get it or if there is a compatible one with same diameter and thread pitch? In manual it shows there is also an o ring for this but mine didn't have one..... did previous owner remove or does it not need one? Thanks

A 3/8" 18 NPT plug with some teflon tape might work. I tapped the top and bottom of the cavity on my 96' GSX 787 when I rebuilt it since it didn't have it from the factory. I found a SS allen plug on ebay, you could drill and tap, but you'd need to have the halves apart to do so.

20190507_191605.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back