97 xp exhaust hose substitute??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdessewffy

Its the front one that hooks up the pipe cone to the expansion tube. I hit a wake the other day and it burst then started running like crap and filled bilge with smoke. Its inside diameter is 2 inch and looked at radiator hose with wire in it but costs a fortune.... What can I use to get it fixed for the weekend? Will rubber plumbing material from Lowes last?

Attachments

• 20210212_181854.jpg
    20210212_181854.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 10
It is the same as any marine exhaust hose.
Typically those will burn out when the water regulator valve on the muffler is leaking or going bad as there isn't enough cooling water injected into the exhaust.

Here is some from West Marine for example 2" Wet Exhaust Hose.

Any tips on expanding that wire reinforced hose? I tried luring it and won't go more than half inch on..... I still want to get the 2 1/2 inch for water box end but know ill have same problem. I was thinking tail pipe expander from Harbour Freight foe a few dollars, but even if that works, the one I found won't go big enough for other end. Its only like 6 bucks after coupon so im going go get it anyway, but looking for suggestions.

I had a 99 GSX ltd that they didn't make an exhaust part for any more. I used PVC lol. worked for years just fine. as far as I know still working to today. I sucked up sea-weed, lack of water melted the old part - which was also just plastic.

You can't expand the hose as it will not stay expanded.
Use a lot of windex to help it slide on but they are tough when new.

You can't expand the hose as it will not stay expanded.
Use a lot of windex to help it slide on but they are tough when new.
Your right, I tried the exhaust pipe expander and it let's me get it where I want it on pipe, but trying to get it on water box and pipe cone is impossible. I ordered new hose with no wire on internet for front and rear. I'm sure it will work and I got enough to do both my skis because a mater of time for other one to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back