97 spx major cleanup

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes it looks like he made 3's out of cut 0's and added a bit of marker.. Ppl are sick.. If you can't afford $9.99 for even a CHEAP pair of peel off Home Depot letters, you don't deserve to own/maintain a ski.. Which explains why the PO didn't spend the NINETY NINE CENTS on a new rubber start button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea that seat looks good just give it a good scrubbing. You said you think it was the Ebox as well, is that because you cleaned it up? Great find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I pulled the rear ebox. Was full of rust. I took 2 and made one out of them couple squirts of premix fired up on first push of the start button

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah the start button and vts button are toast I'm honestly suprised the start button works

yea, you said "fired up on first push of the start button"...I just kept thinking, "What start button?" lol.. crazy that it works bc on my spx mine wasn't even near as bad as yours and it STOPPED WORKING...I replaced the start/stop pad just by cutting the wires right where the cables run along the steering column, then just splicing in a new one and electrical taping it.

23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg

Cleaning it up I might go ahead and bite the bullet and pull the engine still debating

Did you call the tank in? I'm not sure if 97 was under the recall

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

damn how many runners does this make? 4? and you want an XPL? you're well on your way to hoarder status lol i love it man, love to see these old doo's getting saved.

that blacktip seat looks salvageable, if you decide to junk it i'd like to buy it off of you
Make an offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back