97 spx major cleanup

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

1of500

I picked up the 97 on our ride a few weeks back for $350. It needs a god buff seat cover mats and a normal going through since the po says it won't run. The engine has never been opened up. Compression is good rear ebox has seen water. I'm going to attempt to get started on it this week since I think I have one of the hx's sold (fingers crossed). Pics to come

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sweet, this should be a nice ski when you get it cleaned up.

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

320.jpg
321.jpg
322.jpg
323.jpg

This engine has never been opened up I'm not sure what is up with the vts but it has manual trim
339.jpg

The up button doesn't appear to be functional maybe that's all it is.

But for 350 I don't think I can lose on this one time will tell

It's going to get a single gauge hood, umi, umi button holder's, finger throttle. I think I will leave the graphics and have a pink purple white and yellow jettrim seat cover made for it. May add sponsons and tabs not sure as of yet. But before the cosmetics I need to see if it's a runner. I feel like it's something simple.

Thats awesome that it runs! Not get rid of those dang registration numbers! LOL

Any info on the trim setup? I've seen it somewhere, but know little about it.

Idk those are some of the worst reg numbers I have ever seen. I'm going to pull the carbs one day soon and check them out but it appears the mag carb was replaced with a newer one, it has a fitting for an A-pump. I ran it with a spray bottle and premix

damn how many runners does this make? 4? and you want an XPL? you're well on your way to hoarder status lol i love it man, love to see these old doo's getting saved.

that blacktip seat looks salvageable, if you decide to junk it i'd like to buy it off of you

damn how many runners does this make? 4? and you want an XPL? you're well on your way to hoarder status lol i love it man, love to see these old doo's getting saved.

that blacktip seat looks salvageable, if you decide to junk it i'd like to buy it off of you
3 sold one of the hx's Sunday. I would like to have an xpl. But then I would need a few 1000 in parts to get it where I want it. It would have to have umi, Coffman or twin pipes mag pump oh the list goes on and on.

yeah i was looking into umi for mine but hard to find and aint cheap. i think imma just go aftermarket bars on the stock assembly.

Yea that seat looks good just give it a good scrubbing. You said you think it was the Ebox as well, is that because you cleaned it up? Great find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back