97 SP Performance Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

iblowstuffup

I have a 97 SP that I've been playing around with trying to get the performance up. This is what I've done over the years.

1. Exhaust from 96 HX
2. Twin Carbs from 95 XP
3. New MPEM computer from something...
4. Modified Rotary Valve to open the same as my 97 GS. (157 deg duration)
4. Stainless steel prop.

The SP would rev up to 5800 RPM (stock limited), so I replaced the MPEM to remove the low rev limiter. The problem I have is I can't get the ski to rev much more than 5800 RPM. I've changed everything that I thought was "sp" specific that prevented the ski from reving.

Does anyone have any other idea what could be going on here?? Looks like the stroke is the same as a regular 720.

The ski has plenty of low-end torque. But it just won't really rev faster. When I hit a wave, the engine revs up. But theres no torque to rev it up faster when its in the water.

Help. I am out of ideas. What could be going on here? Thanks!

Well you have a monster now...the seadoo was designed to work with all the correct parts in place. The Mpem,( Multi Purpose Electronic Module) Is designed to do specific things that can only be set by a seadoo dealer with the software to do it. There is nothing you can do to modify the MPEM. It tells the engine when to fire spark plugs...sets the rev limiter...ect.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back