97 gtx tuning

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GONEIN67BIRD

sorry to do this but i am frustrated. new motor 2 years ago no rebuild on the carbs.hard to start got harder the longer i ran it. full throttle ran great idled good getting in between was hard felt loaded up had to feather the throttle.rebuilt the carbs last month changed the silver counter clockwise spring to the gold spring.ran it at the lake, started right up every time but it was hesitant off idle to full throttle,popped a little, when i got it to full throttle it was fine.I was happy because it started so good.Changed it to the black spring, went to the lake, hard to start every time, but ran better in between idle and full throttle.felt like it did before i rebuilt it.
Which silver spring is inbetween gold and black clockwise or counter?
How do you tell if your hesitation is to much gas or not enough?
I like to work on my own stuff but this is pissin me off
Just so we r clear I have cleaned the rave valves,changed the fuel line,cleaned the fuel filter

black = 80gram
c.c. silver = 95gm
gold = 115gm
dull silver/little spring = 65gm

If you got the original spring from carb, install it, if not, sounds like ur in between the gold and 95gm spring. Need to play with the "tang" to get it right, now.

With gold spring in, your not creating enough manifold pressure to "pop" the tang, to lift the diaphram, and with the black, its too much pressure from manifold, popping it at idle/when starting.

set the lsa to 0, and the hsa at, mag 0, pto 1/2.

Install the oem spring, and set "tang", level with the inner carb plate.

ok i know the carbs are diff. but what does pto and mag mean which is which
the manual says 1 1/2 out on the low you are saying put them at 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back