97 GTX Lights keep flashing, no spark, turns over. HELP lol

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you place a battery charger on the system without unhooking it? I thought I read that you should either not charge it whil hooked up, or not jump it off? Please advise, thanks!

Don't jump with a hot box or from a running vehicle. You can jump from a battery that is in a vehicle that is. It running. If you use a charger it needs to be 2.5 amps or lower, anything higher you should disconnect the battery in the ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=31048]LouDoo[/MENTION], where is the MPEM mounted in this ski.

Strokerridge92, until you do the other connections that I have mentioned above, don't worry about the MPEM just yet. You MUST be willing to tear into it a bit or have the money to let someone else tear into it. Until you do or have done what we suggest, you are simply wasting your time as we MUST have good information in order to get you an accurate fix.

Sorry, I was at a USCG AUX meeting last night, the MPEM is located in the front Ebox.

Lou

One beep means the MPEM is not communicating with the lanyard (key). Question: Did this ski run when you purchased it? Sorry I'm late on this thread.

Lou

Okay haha and the guy I bought it from was the original owner and it sat for about a year he got it out to ride it and he said it just Cranked over and it wouldn't get spark and the lets just kept flashing, so he rode his other ski(the 96 I also got) instead and gave up on that. 2 years and 2 kids later he sold them both to me along with a trailer for 200$. And I hooked everything up in the 97 and it will beep once and that was it. I messed with it a bunch and one time I got two quick quiet beeps compared to the one loud one and that's the most progress I've got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I should specify the 96 is the older chasis style the other is the newer style

The 96 and 97 should look almost identical. The last 2 digits on the hull number is the year. Post some pictures. Just to add confusion, the beepers in these things go bad ALL the time. So you need to watch the gauges and see if they power up. Just because it does not beep, does not mean anything. (except you may have a bad beeper.) They also will start and stop beeping randomly. Search Radio Shack beeper and you will find a part number for one that will work.

Yep, your 96GTX may actually be a 95, check the last two digits of the HIN. If so different motors among other things.

Lou

I figured haha I don't have any pics, I can get some it may be a 95 not sure Havnt looked at the title. And the beepers fine, I get no power what so ever anywhere other then the batter and it turns over if you jump solenoid.

I have a seadoo jetski 2000 we just put the fuel pump in and everything works perfectly fine the only thing is it only goes 30 miles per hours mph do I need to change injectors out it's a DI jet ski GTX

n.clark.....please do not post the same question in different threads of other people. Please start a new one with only your problem stated. It's less confusing that way for answers

I have a seadoo jetski 2000 we just put the fuel pump in and everything works perfectly fine the only thing is it only goes 30 miles per hours mph do I need to change injectors out it's a DI jet ski GTX

n.clark
Please post a new thread in the 2-stroke PWC section, I know you are new, but it's bad form to hi-jack an existing thread.

Thanks,

Lou

Gonna head out and start cleaning grounds and cleaning all the connectors. If my lanyard is bad and need a new post how do I go about that?

Okay so, I've got power all over hells creation now a plug under the plastic of the lift up hood was loose so it beeps once now, and if the lanyard isn't hooked up it will light up but no beeps..

So see post 14. It sounds like your mpem has just forgot the key. But I think it also means that your post is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back