97 gts 717 performance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott02dmb

Since I got the new boat, I have time to work on my GTS and try to get some more power. It has the 717 rotax engine single mikuni carb. Currently, running 100% stock. I'd like to get some feedback on performance options, personal experiences, websites, and any info that can help a newb.

I've been reading about different grates, impellers, carbs, exhaust, head work, etc. but don't know where to start. I don't want to go full blown race motor but something with more power for recreational use (hopefully that statement isn't an oxi-moron).

I'm willing to sacrafice a little power off the line for some more top end...

Thanks in advance!

i have a 98 gts
stock. have you had any luck yet?
Since I got the new boat, I have time to work on my GTS and try to get some more power. It has the 717 rotax engine single mikuni carb. Currently, running 100% stock. I'd like to get some feedback on performance options, personal experiences, websites, and any info that can help a newb.

I've been reading about different grates, impellers, carbs, exhaust, head work, etc. but don't know where to start. I don't want to go full blown race motor but something with more power for recreational use (hopefully that statement isn't an oxi-moron).

I'm willing to sacrafice a little power off the line for some more top end...

Thanks in advance!

honestly, i've been too busy riding this season to research mods. i'm changing direction with the ski but will still require some additional power (just not as much as i originally planned)... instead of max power i want to build a better wakeboarding rig. i just need a larger wake... maybe ballasts for extra weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back