97 GTI no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmelt40

My buddy's Seadoo ran great last season, but not so yet this season...put a fresh battery on and got the following: lanyard on-no beep, fuel gage rose, oil light on, then off....after reading several posts similar in nature, I let the lanyard stay on all night, with the following results: Lanyard off- depressed start switch 5 times, lanyard on, no beeps, no clicks, just the fuel gage on, and the oil light on then off. After several times through the 5 times on the start switch with the lanyard off, I got this: lanyard on, fuel gage off, when start button is pressed, fuel gage goes on then off, oil light goes on and then off. Is there a 'majic sequence' that will bring it back to life?

Thanks,
Scott

:ack:

Well, having read many other posts in this forum, I came across some good info to all...clean electrical connections throughout will make any ski more reliable and enjoyable...also, I recommend assembling electrical connections with some di-electric grease sold at auto parts stores...it ensures continued contact at that joint. The ski finally gave two beeps but the solenoid turned out to be bad...an easy and inexpensive fix to an otherwise 'dead in the water' ski...Thanks for the insight on items to check for a good fix...:hurray:

OH YES...here is a question, maybe pertinant....is the audible beep necessary for running, or is it just an indicator---I think the one on this ski is intermittant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back