97 GSI 720 power struggle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
97 Sea Doo GSI 720. Seems I been putting money into this thing called fun. After fixing the carbon ring and fixed the manifold leak. I notice that it would run for 15 minutes and cut off like no power. I changed the rectifier. Still won't start, like it is lacking power. I tightened all hardware nut on starter was loose but was not the case. I tried to jump start it with a jump. The starter turned perfect and fired up. ?? Why would it start with a jump and not with the new battery??

Checked fuses changed one that looked crusty now I have no power to cluster, battery reads fully charged and I jumped the silonode and it turned over? I can't figure electric out

Use a multi meter to ck things like voltage, fuses, and grounds, takes the guess work out of it.

Solinoid maybe? Put your meter on both sides of the little wires to try and start it...if you are getting current across it.....but not across the big wire that goes to the starter itself....solinoid is bad. Sometimes with cars the jump has enough uuumph to make a bad solenoid engage when a battery won’t

Okay so I put a new silonode in, nothing I noticed a fuse next to the silonode and it was a 15 amp and it was blown. I replaced three times and it tripped. Any clue on this?? I did pull the top trim plug off and it didn't blow but no power either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back