96 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay17

I can manualy pull gas through the gas line.
Is the pump on the pulse side of the carbs?
And if the pump is clean why would it not work?
It's pulling vaccum from engine the lines are not cracked.
What you think? Opinion?! Please

Hey JAY... you might want to look into replacing your fuel lines because the stock lines tend to deteriorate and create a sludge like material that clogs your lines... also check your fuel valve because I have had two 96 XP's that had clogged fuel valves and the fuel pump on the carb is not always strong enough to pull fuel through the clogged valve or fuel lines... If you want to replace your fuel line it will cost you about $35, just go to your local auto store and get about 21ft. of 1/4 inch fuel line and about 25 stainless steel hose clamps and start replacing one hose at a time. It sounds like alot of work but is really quite simple. Hope this helps ya...

Yo Jay, if you decide to clean the fuel valve the way I cleaned the valve out was i turned the valve to the ON position and put a piece of fuel line on the inlet of the valve and put some carb cleaner down the fuel line and put an air-gun on the other side of the fuel line and blew it through... then turned the valve to the Reserve position and did the same thing on the reserve inlet. just make sure that you blow through the right inlet cause if you blow through when the valve is closed you can hurt the rubber seal inside the valve... hope this helps... feel free to hit me up if you have any other questions... later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back