96 XP revival

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another advocate for dental floss. Worked great! 4 wraps around the nipple with about 12" leads going through the hole with the pump clamped in a bench vise. Took me 1 try and about 30 seconds

IMG_20200217_173928.jpg

IMG_20200217_173923.jpg

Got both carbs rebuilt. One pops off at 34 and the other at 35.

They both held 10psi for 20 mins so I think I'm going to be good to go! ... At least I think the carbs are set right lol

IMG_20200217_181514.jpg

Just making sure those are Genuine Mikuni parts, I don't see the blue marker on the fuel pump check valves?

They are genuine. I sprayed the little hole with WD-40 and then made the mistake of wiping my finger on it and the little blue mark wiped right off. I was shocked how easily it just wiped off

I was able to remove the fuel filter/water separator. It was full of some sediment/shit. While I was in process I was able to remove all of the gray fuel lines and also the fuel tank. I rinsed the fuel tank with fresh gas. There was a little bit of sediment in the bottom.

Do you guys normally remove the gray fuel line that are part of the vent circuit? the little vent piece that runs up underneath the hood of the watercraft and then down to the edge of the hull, with the check valve

IMG_20200219_190609.jpg
IMG_20200219_184535.jpg

No. There’s no reason to replace the vent lines but make sure the two check valves work.

I would also replace the square o-ring on the fuel strainer. They are well known to cause air leaks.

I did verify the operation of the check valves. They are both working. does the bottom of the fuel strainer actually unscrew? The square piece?

The o-ring goes on the groove in the bottom piece that you took off to get to the filter element.

Do you guys normally remove the gray fuel line that are part of the vent circuit?
I did, but it isn't necessary. I pulled the grommets and all on the outside when doing the hull/gelcoat work, made it easy wet sanding, buffing and so forth. A few more feet of clear fuel line was logical when I put it all back together. While I was at it, I sprayed brake cleaner in the ck valves and blew them out.

I actually discovered that if you get enough carb cleaner on your skin it soaks in and you get really buzzed just like drinking whiskey!! Lol jk

I should wear some protective stuff for sure.

I actually discovered that if you get enough carb cleaner on your skin it soaks in and you get really buzzed just like drinking whiskey!! Lol jk

I should wear some protective stuff for sure.
It is really bad for you and nobody knows what the long term effects are. Better safe than sorry.

Glad I could help.
The floss makes it too easy I was kinda mad I hadn't heard of it sooner.

2 years for me. :) I got some wintergreen floss around here somewhere I just know it. :) Now if I could only be positive which side the blue mark is on. .... :D

The floss works amazing. Make sure you use wintergreen!

I am waiting on some parts to show up. My battery came in today, I am going to put the starter on it and see what i get for compression. I would have liked to have compression tested it a while ago so i can get going on the short block if i need one, but it didn't play out that way.

2 years for me. :) I got some wintergreen floss around here somewhere I just know it. :) Now if I could only be positive which side the blue mark is on. .... :D

The trick on the blue stripe is a small drop of brake parts cleaner on a rag and wipe the mark. It will be obvious when part of the line wipes off. The cleaner won’t damage the plastic either.

I had one like that myself, lots of oil in there and gas (WTH?? :) ) Bearings felt good I had the top end and rotary valve off off so I could see fairly well. So, I flooded it with oil and let is sit a week while I was on vacation. :) Before the final assembly I listened and felt intently again and decided to go "as is." Condition based maintenance. :)

Working in Reliability for Chevron Chemical, there is equipment that has to remain on line or as a spare. OFten not an option or cost effective to take it down and fix everything. We were surprised at how well bad bearings responded to damage and even metal particles inside the chamber after a flushing it a couple of times and fresh oil then.... monitor..... monitor and.... many were still going when we had scheduled the repair. Lessons learned. :D :D Good Luck with it and have a great weekend !!

Yes reliability is where it's at. There was material that I invented in my storied experiences and when I mentioned it I'd get a lot of sarcastic looks. It is super light, super strong, transparent, super cheap, and can be delivered the next day. It is called UN-Obtainium. :D :D If I could find it or manufacture it, I am sure I would be filthy rich in a short period. :D :D

Small world!

I work as a Reliability Manager for a paper mill lol

Bogalusa, LA has a PaperMill. We smell it 25 miles away if the wind is right. LOL Boy... I bet you got some stories. As manager you were getting it from every side. You have my respect for surviving Emotionally, mentally and physically. :D

We are actually fortunate and don't have a pulp mill on site. We purchase market pulp so the mill doesn't stink like most Mills do.

I've seen some shit lol being in management definitely has its days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back