96 Sportster carb adjustment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

96 sportster

can anyone tell me how to set the carbs on a 717 rotax seadoo sportster engine? It seems like it runs fine until i turn or when i try to take off it is really not that responsive.:confused: it's like it only works at full throttle and very under powered :(

Sorry but what is lsa and hsa? i have no clue when they were cleaned/rebuilt. i just bought it a month or so ago. this is a twin carb set up on the 717 engine. should i hook up to the hose and try this or out on the lake?

is it low and high? well i checked it seems like the hsa is at 0 if that's the screw behind the carbs and the one in front of the carbs is at 1 1/2 out if thats the lsa i also noticed that the carbs were not opening all the way when i pushed the throttle all the way so i adjusted the cable that seemed to fix that but still it bogs down when i go to turn(like it's running out of gas in the carbs) have almost a full tank. not sure what rpm's i'm getting cause they didnt put tachometer in this year, but i'm sure i should get more rpm's than i am. anyone know a way to get this boat to go any faster when i get this all done? I'm thinking it's going somewhere in the 35-40 range i would really like to see 50+ and really responsive.\

Also should you be able to do a 360 spin in this boat or not ?

And is there anyway to remove the rev limiter ?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Sport...dont think you can bypass the limiter, but you can install microtouch rev, which will broaden the rpm range, the 14/22 impellor is the ideal for these boats, from what i've heard/read. As far as turning, 360* move turning right, no problem, its goin left, where you'll stall/motor fall off rpm's...check this..."Left Turn Syndrome.."..http://www.factorypipe.com/t_carbtuning.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back