'96 Speedster owner's Christmas comes a little early this year

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterluvr

I wanted to do a secret Santa with an armed forces member or veteran who is in need of an mpem for their boat but there's no real practical way I can think of to make that happen other than putting it out there so here goes.

I have a '96 Speedster that I ended up owning as the hull has serious damage from a roadway collision that pretty much exceeds value to fix it, the mpem in the boat show's less than 50 hours and this wreck has been stored inside for years. I have tested and plan on keeping the mpem, motors, carbs and main harness and the rest of it is spoken for.

I want the mpem to go to either an active duty service member or veteran at absolutely no cost to him or her. All I ask is that you currently own a Speedster that is seaworthy and known to be in reasonably good order otherwise and sincerely are in need of the part to make it whole again for your personal use. Parts sellers, flippers or shills need not inquire there will be hell to pay if I find out there's been any misrepresentation of need for this.

If you fit the criteria (or know someone personally who does they don't need to be a forum member) please send me a PM directly with your name and number and I will call you privately to make arrangements I don't want the thread turned into a haberdashery. All I ask is the recipient send the defective mpem and at least one lanyard or more to be programmed to the new one and I will test the old mpem right away and send your new one back with working lanyards and updated owner information stored in the mpem within two business days with insurance and tracking and will reimburse you for the cost of a USPS medium flat rate box to send the old one to me. If you're close to Northern Indiana please feel welcome weather permitting to visit me in person and I will gladly perform the service for you free of charge it will take about an hour to complete the exchange.

It's first come first serve, if for any legitimate reason the first in doesn't pan out next in line gets it I will update the thread when it's done.

If you qualify again please just send me a pm with your number I want this simply to be amongst us as a thank you from my family to you and your's may God bless you and thank you for your service.

That's very kind of you. I'm also glad that you are asking for the old/broken MPEM to at least check it.

Nice gesture. Hope it goes smooth and as you desire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has a tentative new home with some really nice folks that live just a few hours away, they were already coming fairly close to my area next week for the holiday and are stopping by for a quick visit to pick it up, can't get much smoother than that.

I fit the criteria. I'm a retired 20 vet from the Navy. If it don't go through let me know I am interested. 1997 Speedster Sk.

I fit the criteria. I'm a retired 20 vet from the Navy. If it don't go through let me know I am interested. 1997 Speedster Sk.

:cheers:Thank you for your service. Aside from the gentleman it's been promised to there are two more *in line* already but I will certainly let you know if for any reason they fall through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back