96 GTX 787 dying on water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardilla

Hi All

My PWC is dying on water.

I thought it was initially an air issue in fuel so I checked fuel baffle connections, fuel filter gasket or connection to the carbs. The carbs were rebuild 2 years with OEM Mikuni kit so I do not think it is coming from this side as initially all was really working fine. I also checked spark plugs and both looks Ok.

I checked the battery and looks fine, took tension at idle and @5500rpm reading 12.44-12.48v with no change in between. When pwc is on trailer all work great but when is on the water losing power as soon as I give gas. Initially this issue start only when at full throttle but now the pwc is dying as soon as I give gas.

I have checked possible issues but I am not an expert, rectifier can be burn but according the voltmeter reading it looks fine. Could be the stator but battery is not dying therefore I understand is charged…

Thanks for the support to solve it.

Your battery voltage should be higher with the engine running and replace the spark plugs just to be sure.

Last edited:
Check your ground wire. Check both points of connection at the battery and at the starter. I am betting your starter connection is loose or corroded. GL

Thanks
Already changed the spark plug but no change.
will check ground at battery and starter but do not understand the issue with ground should not start with our ground isn’t ?

voltage is too low?

Ground problem can be intermittent. Ski may start then will not run correctly they cause all kinds of problems. Best to check them first as directed Clean all the surfaces. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back