951 giving me TROUBLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canty

I'm trying to remove the carbs from a 1999 GTX Limited. It seems that they are buried under everything, and everything has a blind bolt that you can barely see, the socket wont fit. The wrench is to big or worse, line in my case, 2 Allen head bolts head strips out. Is there an easier way? Should I just remove the entire motor so I can see all bolts? If so, what exactly needs to come off before I can squeeze it out?

By the way, I just read on here to just remove the airbox (which I have) and just remove the carbs. Leaving the pipe alone. I will try that. I didnt have the right size Allen key for the carb bolts and my allen key socket wouldnt fit through the notch on the carbs far enough for the key to reach the bolt so I'll head to the store tomorrow and grab some different size tools. Any advice is still welcomed.

It’s easier to remove the carbs to even get to the pipe so really the best way is carbs first.

It's done. That was so much easier than fighting the pipe. I did need to go and buy a 1/4 drive 6mm hex bit. That way it was small enough to pass through the factory notch and reach the mounting screws. I bought mine in a kit at O'Riellys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back