951 Crank seal install

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrxtx

I have a 2000 GTX with a very new motor. I accidentally screwed up one of the crank seals. Is it possible to (motor is out) flip the motor over on the bench and remove the bottom case and lift the crank out a bit and replace the seals like that without tearing the whole thing down. Can that be done. Thanks in advance.

How bad is the crank seal messed up? Is it worth pressure testing the engine for a check? Just wondering if it is imperative that this job be done. Sometimes "not" doing it is the best choice. Which seal is it?

I have a 2000 GTX with a very new motor. I accidentally screwed up one of the crank seals. Is it possible to (motor is out) flip the motor over on the bench and remove the bottom case and lift the crank out a bit and replace the seals like that without tearing the whole thing down. Can that be done. Thanks in advance.
hardest part would be cleaning the mating surfaces.

How bad is the crank seal messed up? Is it worth pressure testing the engine for a check? Just wondering if it is imperative that this job be done. Sometimes "not" doing it is the best choice. Which seal is it?
Mag side.....there is a hole drilled in it.....don't ask....long story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back