95 XP800 Build

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some things buttoned up today. I got some turf mats, should be here Monday, need a seat cover but it's ready for water.

Had a little issue with slow crank but its since been fixed with a fresh battery cables. IMG_20190504_111548_219.jpeg

Got the mats and got them on. Got the waterbox installed as well. Thing runs great. Will get some video up ASAP of it running. Added a pick of the mats.

Some other things I ran into, just to document. I had an issue with the fuel supply. Just after the pump before the line goes to the carbs, I would get an air bubble. It would crank and as soon as that air bubble was gone, it would start right up. The solution to that was raise the fuel pump above the carbs which fixed the issue.

I have a little left to do, but for the most parts its completed. I'm going to rock the original decals for now until next winter when I will replace them with replicas. I need to install the koso dual EGT and add a seat cover. Since there is not much info out there for the KOSO I plan to make a thread dedicated to that specifically.

Thanks everyone for the help on both of my projects this winter. I thoroughly appreciate it.20190506_103506.jpeg

Alright so I scrapped the Buckshot Carbs. They were giving me headaches. They ran great for one day, and then ran like shit the next day. I chased myself in circles. I jetted up a set of 96 xp carbs for the pipe, and it ran GREAT. Still doing some tuning. This changes allows me to go back to oil injection which I'm extra excited about. The motor really isn't a racer anyways. Its stock with a head, 39cc domes and a rossier pipe.

@Matt Braley can you chime in with some jetting. I'm at a 145main one the mag, and 140 on the PTO. I have hi and low at 1.5 turns. 2.0 n/s with 20psi pop off.

The ski is great, its fast enough for sure. That skat 16/24 digs so hard, I'm wicked impressed. I think it needs a tad more fuel on top. 3/4 to full throttle it bogs a bit. Water still too cold to really play with it a whole lot.

I always like a 142.5 for the mag high. I never opened up the high needles quite so far though. Make sure you have a good tach. Pin it just long enough to get a top rpm then crack the high needles another 1/4 open. If rpm goes up then you were lean. Do that until rpm goes down. It's good to give back 50 or so rpm to stay on the rich side of peek rpm. Do this and you can enjoy guilt free WOT bursts. Those are great pipes.

I was gonna say something about the BRM's but I didn't want to be negative. Those beautiful billet carbs have drawn many of us in but nobody sticks with them hehe.

I always like a 142.5 for the mag high. I never opened up the high needles quite so far though. Make sure you have a good tach. Pin it just long enough to get a top rpm then crack the high needles another 1/4 open. If rpm goes up then you were lean. Do that until rpm goes down. It's good to give back 50 or so rpm to stay on the rich side of peek rpm. Do this and you can enjoy guilt free WOT bursts. Those are great pipes.

I was gonna say something about the BRM's but I didn't want to be negative. Those beautiful billet carbs have drawn many of us in but nobody sticks with them hehe.

I hear that about the carbs. I will do a little more tuning and see how it goes.

Ski runs fantastic. First test run for top speed was 52mph and it had some sputtering up top. I dialed that in a little bit and GPS read 59mph so I'm knocking on that 60mph number I'm shooting for. Still trying to get a little more. Here's a pic from the other night when I had it out. 20190529_193554.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back