'95 XP value

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loganab13

Hey guys, been out of the X4 game for a while but recently found the chance to dive back in. I have the chance to purchase a fairly clean 1995 XP, however I'm hesitant to pull the trigger as I know pricing has gone through the roof in the last year or so. It seems to be a decent ski, no major scrapes, no hull damage, etc. No trailer, but it's got quite a few new parts as of this year:

• WSM pistons
  • Hot Rods crank
  • New gaskets throughout
  • Rebuilt carbs with genuine Mikuni rebuild kits
  • New fuel, oil, & bilge lines
  • New fuel selector
  • New wear ring
  • New carrier bearing
  • Newer hump seat with damaged seat cover
  • New bars & knockoff UMI switch housing
It's got a decent single gauge hood that has been painted, a rough rear grab bar, and the gelcoat could use some love. It starts right up from cold, however I have not had the chance to take it out on the water yet. The gentleman is asking $1700.00.

My gut is telling me to hold out for a nice 96 787 ski, but I haven't come across anything worth looking at in about six months of searching. Let me know your thoughts before I let my better judgement get the best of me.

Trust your gut. If you had a 787 the 720 may be disappointing. Good things come to those who wait.

I agree if you had a 787 1996 you will be disappointed with the 717. A few seasons ago I had a 1997 GTI 717 and my wife's 1996 GTX 787 (same hull). The difference was crazy, so the GTI was sold. 20HP does make a difference in these. And when I ride my wife's GTX it feels like a whale compared to any X4 787 I have owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back