95 xp or 96 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

THEREVIVAL

looking on craigs list found 2 skis (THINKING ABOUT NOT SURE IF I WANNA)
one is a 95 xp cranks but doesnt start for 300 with no title no trailer
or a 96 xp for 1500 with trailer

the 95 is the white with yellow
the 96 is the solid yellow

any recommendations ?

300- 1500$ is a verry wide price range. It's all your decision like do you already have a trailer? Are you willing to repair the 95xp? If not the 96xp would be ideal. And hull conditions. There are a lot of aspects you need to look at when trapped between 2 skis.

300- 1500$ is a verry wide price range. It's all your decision like do you already have a trailer? Are you willing to repair the 95xp? If not the 96xp would be ideal. And hull conditions. There are a lot of aspects you need to look at when trapped between 2 skis.

is one year better then the other or are they pretty much the same. i am very willing to fix the 95 but only if its worth it... dont need a trailer but it woul ddefinatly be a plus.

if you got the money and the 96 is clean and in good running condtion, get it all day long. the 787 is a night and day diffrence than the 717.

first mod to do: worx maxiloader intake grate.

I would go with the 96XP. If you are considering the 95, depending on your title laws, you may wind up with a $300.00 lawn ornament.

Lou

I'm with Lou on this. What good is a "titleless" Seadoo but for parts or a private lake?

low ball the guy with the 95 for $200, strip the 95 to the bone, sell the parts for $500, use the profit on the 96,

1.gif

Damn that's brilliant I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Lou

its really simple, two questions need to be asked to the first xp guy, i'll walk you thru it, its quite easy...

hi, my name is X, and i'm calling about the xp for sale...

1) does it have an actual engine and electronics ?

2) I'm on my way....is that a 1 7/8 hitch ?

YES 150 is perfect..going down to about 125-130 it will still run but will need a rebuild soon.

I have one of each and '96 is by far the faster machine, but the '95 has been a real joy for 15 years. I finally had to rebuild the '95 engine last year, not too bad for a two-stroker. If you like to wrench and don't mind going a little slower, but the '95 depending on overall condition.

Good deal and nice looking ski. You can tell they have had that pipe off a lot and had to put extra effort in to keep it from leaking water(been there). Just something to keep an eye on. Your gonna have some fun on that thing.

Make sure the VTS boot is good. If not, replace it before you short out the VTS and/or mess up the MPEM.

[QUOTEGot it for 1000 started right up Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Nice deal, esp since it starts. I would replace the oil filter unless you it was changed this year, a little purple power or Castrol super clean for inside the hull and nice wax job it will look sweet.

Check or change the pump oil, just in case.

Anyone know the best way to paint the hood? Its a little discolored and I want to make it look fresh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back