95 XP 717 running rich?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

chrismueller04

Hi again, been working on a 1995 XP for the last 2-3 weeks when I’ve had the chance. I’ve done a fair bit so far.
I’ve done the following:
-All fuel lines
-Water/fuel seperator
-small oil lines(thanks to the folks on this site)
-Fuel selector
And just yesterday I rebuilt the carbs with genuine Mikuni kits.
I bolted them back down, attached my linkages, and attempted to start it. With no luck. I cranked on it for a second, choked it. Still no luck. I did however notice that there was more than an ideal amount of gas getting sent in the carbs. So much so that fuel vapors were getting pushed back up. I decided to turn the fuel selector to off. And cranked on it for about 30 seconds. (This whole time there was gas getting shot out threw the exhaust) and eventually it fired and ran. And it ran and idled on its own just off of the fuel in the carbs since I turned the fuel selector to off. It idled high, sounded higher then 3k out of the water as well, but I don’t have the tools to test that right now. But I just redid the carbs 24 hours ago, both of them got thouroughly cleaned, and what not. Tested the pop off pressures of both. The mag side was about 36-37psi and the pto side was no different. I did adjust the low speed adjustment on the carbs. I didn’t know what it meant when I looked at the service manual when it said “slight resistance”. I believe what I did was go all the way in with the screw, not forcefully, but as far as it went, then did the 1 3/4 turn out. No leaks as well in either carb. The both held pressure just fine. I don’t know what I need to readjust here but I gotta get going soon, I’m running out of lake time!

Back