95 speedster battery conversion

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

msanders

I have a 95 speedster and have had it for about 3 years. Im seriously considering doing the 2 batteries to 1. Ive seen the post with pics about how to do it. Because of family reasons and other things beyond my control, Im just now getting the boat out for the summer. I have 1 battery that about 2 1/2 years old the the other is from early last year. Well I had both tested and they are bad. These have been a thorn from time to time and I just cant see how changing over to the 1 cant be better. I dont run a radio... just cranking and tubing, etc. If I do the conversion are there ANY issues I should be concerned about?? Also...do I keep the selector switch on the "2 battery" selection to get a full charge from the charging system. Any info would be apprciated. (Sorry for rambling).

The speedster didn't have a battery switch from the factory. It so it sounds like someone has been playing with the system.

Please post up some pics so I can see what's going on. (batteries, switch, etc)

Its just a factory "knob" that gives you the option to use both batteries for starting. I will post pics when I get home. You should know what Im talking about. I was just wondering if I need to do anything about this selector.

Its just a factory "knob" that gives you the option to use both batteries for starting. I will post pics when I get home. You should know what Im talking about. I was just wondering if I need to do anything about this selector.

Docs point is, that boat didn't have a factory boat switch for multiple batteries. It is almost like someone converted yours over to duel batteries and installed a switch at that time.

That's how I am reading his post anyways,,,,

It sure looks factory...does the 96 have the "selector" switch. I was told byt he previous owner it was a 95. I will post pics when I get home. May be tomorrow because I wont get home til late tonight. Thank you guys for the patience.

I've done this conversion on my 96 Speedster. There were two small jet ski batteries and no switch. Each engine had its own battery. All I had to do was combine the positive and negative wires from each engine onto one larger battery. This was a great mod. For the 5 years I owned it I used the same blue top optima battery the whole time.

photo1.JPGSorry I mis spoke. Its the switch the changes from the bilge pump, off and the 2 battery selection. I got my son to send a pic. My question is...after the mod, what position should this switch be in. We still will be charging in the off position...right???

Finally did the conversion amd took it out Saturday. No problems and had plenty of juice. From all Ive read and seenon here I should be good to go for a while. At least i hope so. thanks for all the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back