95 Sea doo xp800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan1992

Have a 95 sea doo xp800 has 1mm overbore and twist 40cc domes has 180psi without fully opening both pv. Wondering what race fuel/91 mix I should use for fuel. And could this be somewhat reliable or ticking time bomb thanks in advance .

For your answer! YES you need race fuel mix /91. ... your goal is 98octanes around!!
But if you use an rossier pipe,you will be fine on 93 octane minimum!!
But the twist head have issues domes leak or O ring!!just keep a eyes on it!!

Reliability is a stock head away. I'm not sure how much the Twist head is giving you by itself and at 180 psi it is adding some risk. I agree that 98 octane would keep things safe but that would get expensive quickly.

A Rossier is a great pipe. It gives good performance and does not like to blow skis up.

120 psi is too low, did you mean 150 psi without the Twist head on?

Joe benner (builder pipe rossier)help me by mail and i buy parts from him!
I sell an head mod 185 psi/0.43 mm squish
Jet kit rossier 145 mag/140pto
25pop off/75 pilot
High screw 1 3/4 pto. 1 1/2 mag
Curve 5 mpem cdi
Primer kit
110 mid/200stinget with jetwork
Solas Concord 15/23 is the best prop for me
I hit 7200/7250 rpm all day
100ll/93. 30%/70%
No issue ..... my egt stay 1050f cruise and wot
The rossier give excellente performance and great mid range ,i am surprised The performance and reliability of this pipe....
The squish band is very important with this pipe. 0.40mm is the best
I go back to vacation one week i will put a little video ....

Mandriva, you have the bigger jet in the MAG end? Typically the bigger jet is in the PTO carb due to crank torsion making the piston just a tiny bit late (retarded) which effectively advances the timing and increases heat, if you're on the tuning edge there's an increased possibility of DETO. My jetting isn't staggered but HS screw is open more on pto, Factory pipe, case ported like bow tie, 720RV cut to retain close to stock port timing, Buckshot 46, Bullet marine head with 47 domes(iIrc), TD waterbox, MSD 26* adv at 2k sloped to 15* @ 7.5k (Pops Fishetti), 7500+ RPM on bad day, 91/112 50/50 and can run WOT from Body Beach to Topock, feel safer at WOT for than 80%, if you're familiar with the 2 stroke 80% anomaly you know what I'mean. !00% for 2-3 min down to 25%+-, check Race Pak and repeat. {;o) Oh yeah, crank torsion.... remember the Yamaha 1200, the PTO cylinder had lots of problems till the factory ECM retarded timing in #3 from what I heard. And I don't trust AV fuel, rich or lean and plugs are gray and octane (auto is really the AK index) isn't the same math formula. Have a pile of forged pistons, mostly DETO seizing from thinking "pump gas domes" could use straight premium but learned there's no tooth fairy or Santa with a Factory spec II pipe (Andrew Buck and Kevin Cameron) If you've never read this you should Factory Pipe

Last edited:
I bought the kit jet from rossier!! Ask to charlie or joe benner ...
R-u-n2it you have factory pipe spec2 ..it,s race pipe... i used them many years, bone stock with spec2 , i used 96 octane for without issues (recommended by guru factory pipe bill o.nell)
With 93 octane i got issues deto with factory pipe jetting recommendation!!! Anyway i tried all pipe for 787 except neptune and tnt!!

Last edited:
Bill O'neal is Watercraft Magic, at 1 time he had multiple doos on the World Tour so lots of experience. Mandriva, I think you posted on race.jetski years ago when you were 1st tuning your 787, if you remember a guy with the nic Mr HPT. that was the forum. You want to wake up that 787 you have all the stuff except 46mm spigot mount Buckshot carbs, not mounted shaft to shaft, and open case ports 4 deg of rotary valve rotation (2 before open and 2 after closing) and mod a smaller rotary valve cut-out to retain OEM duration (= to 4 stroke high lift cam) so the narrow component in intake tract is the carb venturi (to have what's referred to as "a good signal" to the carb that solves the problem of having carbs larger than the case ports area), you have a MSD Enhancer? You can program timing curve with advanced timing low to mid for insane acceleration and retard timing at the top to get back RPM lost from higher compression, best of both worlds. I can help you if needed. Lee

R-uni2t, i never posted on race.jetski,but I read on forums race.jetski!! I know mr hpt was george grabowskis!!
I use curve 5# on my mpem!! I understand for rotary valve! Nice trick!!

Yeah, he had some math skills (computer) for 2 strokes but thought the RAVE valve O-ring was to limit travel....he must have known but his typing got ahead of his brain. My typing never does that, it requires a brain.... {;o)

Great! Do you have already used fp spec2 with bone stock and OEM carb on 93octanes? I never got settings with these carburetor, i used the factory pipe jetting recommended!! My egt climb very fast at 1140f ... 1165f i seized piston wiseco....
Yes , you can’t read plug with 100ll the plug is always red/dark(klotz oil with 20%benol)I maybe retried an fp spec2 soon with OEM carburetor (bone stock), she amazing tune pipe...... but i like my rossier..easy to tune/strong/reliable ....i am rec rider!!

Mandriva, how do you get your EGTs? A racepak? When it siezed, was it detonating? Detonation looks like the crown or dome was media blasted with aluminum oxide, a real strong magnifying glass and looking close at what looks at 1st like bits of metal were hitting, but the indentations/divots are dull/satin looking where actual impacts would be smooth/shiney without the texture look. I'll see if I have pics from my latest build project, LT500 Quadzilla, lost ring locating pin, ring rotated till end stuck in exhaust port but was having some detonation also. My last 787 build lasted 12 years but run 50/50 mix C-12 /premium (or other race fuel that's 108-110 using R+M/2 formula for octane rating) and for my 2 stroke Seadoos MOTUL 800, racefuel is cheaper the more you buy, always keep in metal container, and online MOTUL by the gallon x5. Cost more to have fun but there's more fun to be had, got to have the heart rate elevated or I might as well take a nap.

Here's Detonation. The piston is forged, the side is from loose ring locating pin but look at the crown, caved in from detonation.LG1D8527 close.jpgLG1D8529web.jpgLG1D8532web.jpg

Do I need to run the micro touch with my set up with Rossier pipe? Or can I use stock limiter, because my micro burnt up

Yes if you want maximum hp the rossier pipe at 7250rpm.. but these pipe work good at 7150 rpm

Attachments

• 7F1EE3C9-5DE8-45FD-9E0A-DAEC6F81F4E2.png
    7F1EE3C9-5DE8-45FD-9E0A-DAEC6F81F4E2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Included in that 50 is the return shipping and I will also change the static timing and timing curve if you wish.

I have Micro Touch and MSD rev limit/timing adjust modules for 100 each too!IMG_9425.jpgIMG_9426.jpg

Will it be okay to run it with stock limiter for a while [going on vacation] but I’d be interested in the micro touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back