95 GTS - No start. Solenoid Popping.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyw41

I am new to this forum, but would appreciate some help on a no-start issue. Was out on the river yesterday and ski was running fine. Last time we tried to fire up the ski to hed back to the dock it did not start, only a pop (no really a click) could be heard. After a bit of troubleshooting, it is coming from the starter solenoid in the electrical box. I jumped across the posts with no crank resulting. (Though there was a lovely spark show!) Would this be a bad starter? I was hoping it was only the solenoid since this was relatively easy to get out (or a fuse), but I think that it is fine.

Have had the skis for 3 years with no troubles. Battery was new last year, recharged, same result. Would like some confidence in that it was the starter before I start tearing into this to replace and spend the 50-60 bucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Johnny

Thanks SurfBeat. Was tough to turn the PTO wheel, but it did eventually turn by hand. When it did it sounded like some debris was knocked loose. After that, the system would crank over by itself. When started, a ton of water came out... Not sure if it was from the tow trip back to the marina or something else... Going to grease everything up while I am in the garage and get it back out next weekend. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back