94 XP parts needed (uk)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevAmiga

Hi all, have picked up a cheap 94XP which has got to be a contender for the worst engine condition ever, it was left full of water for a few years! It’s a shame really as the hull is in really good shape, and digging into it the wiring, etc is all original, still has the original clips etc on the shaft boot, so am undecided what to do with it. My original intention was to part out what was left of it, but I’m thinking maybe get an engine and let it rip this summer.

I have some experience with engines / boats but not much with this 2T rotax motor. I believe it’s a 657, and I’m thinking I may need a complete engine, but are there any other engine models that will fit in? From what I have seen so far this ski doesn’t have an ecu, just a cdi (although I haven’t opened up the electric box yet), due to the water ingress the front bolts on the engine all sheered, and it’s in a right sorry state!

Thanks

i would see if you could get the engine to fire as is. if you can then just tear it out and clean/repair/replace broken parts. not sure about what engines all fit into it besides that one and the older model

Pictures.

I run a 94 xp all the time. It was given to me as a complete basket case, I built it back up and have lots of experience to share.

look on the motor nameplate and confirm if it is a 657X motor. They made an 80hp 657 motor for two seasons and designated it "X".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back