94 XP Oil Pump Lever Almost 180 Degrees Off?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tvanoverloop

I picked up a 94 XP that I don't know any history on. It has low compression but still starts and runs. If it sits for a long time black oil like substance comes out of exhaust. I also noticed it goes through oil fast when driving it. I pulled motor out in order to rebuild it assuming crank seals are bad but once I got motor out I noticed the oil arm is almost 180 degrees off of alignment! The arm is going straight up instead of straight down like the manual indicates. I can't even move the arm enough to match alignment marks. I can post picture tonight as I forgot to get one last night while working on it. No idea how this happened but wondering would that cause either of my issues of Oil leaking in while sitting or using a ton of oil while running? I assume the pump was worked on and maybe they put the arm on upside down and then never aligned it properly? If this is my oil issue then I can just have the top end rebuilt instead of working on the crankshaft as well.

I don't think sitting a long time and having oil come out the exhaust is a function of a misadjusted oil pump. Sounds like crank seals are bad

Ok nevermind, this is full open since cable is not attached. I can rotate it around to line up marks. Not sure how it was in the ski for sure now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back