94 XP crank seals?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

andy.262

OK so I've tried just about everything I can think of to get this 94 XP running. I have other threads on it here and here if you want more background information.

Basically, it will start and idle but any throttle will kill it. I did an engine pressure test - blocked off intake and exhaust holes, pumped 10psi into the pulse line. It will leak down to about 5.5psi and then stay rock solid from there. Is 5.5psi good enough, or does it need to hold the full 10?

found a leak in my test setup. pumped it up to 8psi and now it only loses 0.2psi over the course of 3 minutes. I'm going to guess that's not enough leakage to see the issue that I'm seeing. I'm just completely lost now, I don't know where to go from here. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing is working. So far I have:
- verified strong spark both sides
- compression check (140psi each)
- new fuel selector, fuel lines, water separator + o-ring
- rebuilt carbs using correct OEM Mikuni kits from OSD with new needles and seats, verified pop-off is correct, the same for both carbs, and not leaking
- carbs are in sync as best I can tell
- verified rotary valve timing (149 deg open, 65 deg closed according to manual)
- verified rotary valve gap according to manual (feeler gauge between rotary valve and cover)
- as a test, bypassed entire fuel system to run directly from a fuel can into the carbs
- engine pressure test (this thread)
- removed mag flywheel and verified that the stator lines up with the timing mark on the case

Still starts and idles, but any throttle and it stalls out

Back