94 XP Nozzle on a 96 XP?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NW XPs

Good Evening Everyone,
Over the past few weeks I've been rebuilding a 96 XP. It has some motor issues but im working on that. I have a picked a few New Old Stock Westcoast Performance Products parts. One being a ride plate extension. However I have since discovered it is not compatible with 95+ nozzles.

My question is will a 94 XP nozzle and steering nozzle bolt onto a 96 XP jet pump? From what I can tell it should. I have a friend with a 94 XP and was tempted to test my theory with his parts but would like to avoid that if possible.

Here is the ride plate extension

Attachments

• 20220926_172359.jpg
    20220926_172359.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220926_172347.jpg
    20220926_172347.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 16
On a X4 hull like the 1996 XP you do not want any rideplate extension. The only thing you want is extended trip tabs on the outside steps. If you want it on rails then you add aftermarket sponsons but then you loose some of the fun of sliding.

Thanks for the info, sponsons are on the list of things to add/ upgrade. It will be racing here in the NW next summer, so id like to have it on rails

Thanks for the info, sponsons are on the list of things to add/ upgrade. It will be racing here in the NW next summer, so id like to have it on rails
Then yes, you want sponsons.

If the water is rough also a top loader intake grate, you will loose some top speed but make up for that keeping the pump hooked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back