93 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fss670

Hello Guy's
I have a 93 xp that has worked perfect until about 3 summer's ago....When I fill it up with gas and trailor it anywhere, it flood's bad....base is full of gas and gas in the bottom of the hull....always had gas shut off....Here is some of the thing's I have done so far....carb's off and new needle and seat in both....new gas shut off valve...blew out all vents...even put a shut off valve in the return line....Don't want to run it anymore this way...to hard on the motor flooding it everytime. Any help would be great, tks.

Fuel pump...?

I know you've listed that you have put valves in most locations that you could be getting fuel in from. So, I'll look at this as if the valves aren' there and you can take what you need and toss what you don't.

First, have you checked the pulse line. If your flooding the engine with fuel, you might have a blown diaphram. Take off the small hose that runs from the carb to the side of the engine. IF you have any fuel in this line at all, even one drip of gas, it's leaking through and could be your problem.

In many cases, if your lever is not set correctly, when you tighten the cover on the diaphragm, it pushes down on the lever, opening the needle valve. This lever should be flush to the base of the valve body assembly.

Pressure test? Have you done the pressure test? You need to pump up the carbs to about 4 or 5 pounds and hold it. The pressure should remain for at least 5 minutes. I think the book says 10, but 5 is sufficient.

Pop off? What is your pop off set at? If it's less than 20, then your needle is free floatin open.

Fuel tank vent? If your vent on the fuel tank is not working properly, when th tank warms, fuel vapor expands. If you can't vent this vapor, it's putting pressure on your fuel lines, sending it to the carb(s).

There's a few things for you to check out. I'll be streaming video tomorrow around 7 or 8 central time on a carb rebuild, including a pressure test. Look for the thread in the "off topic" section and sign up if you'd like to take a look.......:cheers:

Thank's for the quick reply
One thing I forgot to mention is after I get it going and the gas cleaned out of it, which takes a while, the machine starts and works perfect....it only does it on the trailor and full of gas.... low on fuel does not flood. I will try these thing's seadoosnipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back